Interior design projects both large and small begin with a consultation (except for Interior Refinement, E-Design Packages and Holiday and Decor Styling Packages, which require briefer consultations). We charge for our initial consultation because we want to provide you with valuable design help, without withholding our best design advice and ideas. At this appointment, you will receive Laura’s full attention and expertise, and will be fully armed to move forward with your project either on your own, or with our help. This meeting takes roughly two hours and is a time for our lead designer, Laura Hamburg, to meet with you in your space to gain an understanding of what your project entails. Not only is the consultation the perfect way to discuss and formulate inspiration, ideas, and direction for a larger project; it can also be utilized as a one time brain storming session in which Laura can help you make a variety of other important design decisions, such as:
• helping you choose the paint colors for your entire home
• choosing exterior paint colors
• determining furniture layouts for regularly shaped rooms
• suggesting drapery treatment styles that match your room’s architecture and style
• providing guidance on additional lighting that you may need
• making suggestions regarding furniture styles
• measuring rooms for purposes of producing floor plans
• helping you resolve another design dilemma of your choosing!
Whether you’d like to begin the process of planning a larger project or would just like help with one particular design challenge, you’ll benefit from Laura’s personal attention and expertise, and can expect real ideas and direction for your project at this meeting. An initial consultation involves a $400 fee.